Dal methi is the easiest and super tasty dal 😉
It is a very simple yet very tasty dal.
Split green moong dal 1 cup *washed and soaked for 30 minutes
Fenugreek leaves 2 cups
* if you don’t have fresh fenugreek leaves(methi leaves) then you can use ¾ cup Kasoori Methi
red chili powder 1 tsp
asafetida ¼ to ½ tsp
salt as per taste
Ghee 1 Tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Pressure cook dal and fenugreek leaves with 3 cups of water.
- When pressure settles down, open it and mash a little.
- Add red chilli powder, asafetida and salt into it. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a ladle and crackle cumin seeds.
- Pour it over dal.
- Enjoy dal methi with chapatti or rice.
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂