Whole green moong dal is a different variety of lentil soup made with whole moong beans. It has creamy texture. It is healthy and tastes best with chapati, parathas and goes well with rice too.
*If you don’t want to use onion-garlic then simply omit them and follow the rest of the method as it is.
Whole green moong dal 1 cup *washed and soaked for 7-8 hours.
Spice Powders :
Turmeric ½ tsp
Red chilli 1 tsp
Coriander ½ tsp
Dry mango ½ tsp
Asafoetida ¼ – ½ tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
*Mix all these spice powders and make a thick paste using little water.
Other ingredients :
1 Tomato + 1 green chilli + ½ inch ginger (grinded together)
Onion 1 big(cut into big pieces) (optional)
Garam masala ¾ tsp
Salt as per taste
- Pressure cook dal with Onion using 2 cups of water and turmeric (1/2 tsp)
- Mash a little and keep aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp ghee in a fry pan.
- Crackle Cumin seeds (1 tsp).
- Add spices paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add grinded tomato paste on medium-low flame till ghee saperates.
- Add mashed dal.
- Add some water and check the consistency.
- Bring to boil.
- Add garam masala and salt.
- Simmer cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish whole green moong dal with coriander leaves.
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂