Aaloo palak is vegetable dish which is served with chapati or paratha. It can also be served as a side dish with rice. There are two way to make aaloo palak. Let’s see how to make it.
* Spinach gravy can be common to some recipes so I have given the link to spinach gravy in method 1 of the recipe.
**If you don’t want to use onion-garlic then simply omit them and follow the rest of the method as it is.
Potatoes 2 cups (peeled and cut in cubes)
Method 1. (with gravy)
- Deep fry or stir fry the potatoes in oil.
- Add them to the Palak(spinach) gravy (click here).
- Garnish aaloo palak with grated cheese or cream.
Method 2. (without gravy)
- Heat two tsp oil in a wok.
- Crackle 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- Add 2 green chillies (cut in half) and then add 1 onion (chopped finely).
- Saute for a minute.
- Add asafoetida (a pinch), turmeric powder (1/2 tsp), red chilli powder (1/2 tsp), sugar (1 tsp). Saute for a minute and add potatoes.
- Cover cook for 3-4 minutes or till the potatoes are 80% done.
- Add the spinach (2 cups, chopped finely).
- Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt (as per taste), garam masala (1/2 tsp).
- Add 1/2 tsp Amchur (dry mango powder) (optional).
- Aaloo palak is ready! Enjoy with chapati.
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂