Bitter gourd is having many health benefits but due to its bitter taste many of us don’t like to eat it. Lets learn how to make bitter gourd taste yumm!!
Onion 2 (chopped finely)
Jaggery 2 Tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 Tbsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 3 Tbsp
Bitter gourd (karele) 250 gm
- Slit bitter gourd and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut bitter gourds into rings.
- Mix 2 tsp salt in rings and keep aside.
- After 15 minutes squeeze out the juice from bitter gourd rings as much as you can.
Seedless Tamarind 1 Tbsp (soak in 1 cup water and squeeze pulp)
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add onions and fry until translucent.
- Add bitter gourd and cook until tender.
- Add Tamarind pulp , Jaggery , Red chilli , Garam masala and Salt.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Yummy bitter gourd sabzi is ready!!
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂