Aloo gobi masala is a tasty vegetable dish but only if you prepare it nicely else it would give a bland boiled taste. Let’s see how to make it.
Potatoes 3 (wash, peel and cut in cubes)
Cauliflower 1.5 cup (wash, cut into florets and blanch)
Onion 1 (chopped finely)
Tomato 1 (chopped finely)
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp
Cardamom 1/4 tsp (powder/ crushed)
Clove 1/4 tsp (powder/ crushed)
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Salt – As required
- Heat 2 tsp oil/ghee in a fry pan and fry the potatoes till they are golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- Now fry the cauliflower florets in the same way for 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep aside
- In the pan, add a little bit ghee and add cardamom and clove.
- Add onions and fry till translucent.
- Add turmeric , ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, chilli powder.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and salt and mix well.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the cauliflower and potatoes, mix well and add enough water to cover the veggies, close it with a lid and cook on medium flame till the veggies become soft.
- Add garam masala.
- Garnish aloo gobi with coriander leaves and its ready!!
Blanch means put the vegetable in boiling water and letting it remain in the water for a few minutes, then drain the water completely.
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂