Dum aaloo is ping pong ball sized potatoes added to semi liquid tomato gravy. For a change, if you wish, you can add them to different gravies too. These gravies can be common to many recipes so I have given a link to them in the recipe.
*If you don’t want to use onion-garlic then simply omit them and follow the rest of the method as it is.
Small potatoes ( dum aaloo ) 12-15
1. Pressure cook potatoes till 1 whistle with 1 cup water and 1 tsp salt. (They should not be completely done)
2. Peel their skin.
3. Shallow fry them in oil till they are nicely done.
4. Add them to any gravy of your choice (White gravy / Green gravy/ Orange Gravy)
* Click on the gravy’s links to see the recipe.
5. And enjoy different varieties of Dum aaloo.
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂