Kadi Pakoda is very quick and easy to make. It tastes yummy!! It is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish that can be served with rice as well as chapatti.
Ingredients (for Kadi)
Gram flour 1 cup
Yoghurt 3 cups (thick)
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Asafetida ½ tsp
Curry leaves 8-10 (chopped finely)
*Mix all the ingredients together using 2 cups of water. Keep aside.
Tampering in mentioned in the method below.
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a pan.
- Splutter Mustard seeds (1 tsp) and Fenugreek seeds ( ¼ tsp) (Don’t burn them.)
- Add chopped green chilli(2) and garlic(2).
- Add the mixture from step 1.
- Keep stirring on medium flame until it comes to a boil.
- Add 1 tsp sugar.
- Add salt.
- Add 2-3 cups of water and check the consistency
- Cook on low flame for 30 minutes.
- Keep stirring at 8-10 minutes interval. Utilize this time to make pakoda. As follows:
- Mix 1 cup gram flour + turmeric ½ tsp + red chilli ¾ tsp + salt
- Add water into this mixture to make batter (it should be thinner than usual pakoda batter.)
- Now (using a spoon) put spoonfuls of batter into hot oil and deep fry the pakodas.
- Remove and keep aside.
11. Mix the pakoda in the kadi after step 9
12. Kadi pakoda is ready. Garnish with coriander and enjoy with rice or chapati.
- Before mixing the ingredients for kadi, make a thick paste of gram flour using water and then mix the paste to rest of the ingredients to avoid lumps.
- Mix 1 tsp red chilli powder in 3 tsp medium-hot oil. Pour this chilli oil mixture over kadi while serving.
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂