Malai Kofta is a very tasty and popular Indian vegetable dish. It is generally served with naan but can also be enjoyed with chapati and rice. Kofta is a deep fried potato and cottage cheese dumpling. A link to make ‘Orange gravy’ is given in the recipe. Let’s see how to make it.
Paneer (cottage cheese) 1 cup (grated)
Potatoes 3 (lightly boiled and grated)
Corn flour/cornstarch 2-3 Tbsp
Salt as per taste
Black pepper 1 tsp
- Mix everything together.
- It should come out like a soft dough but if it feels watery then add some more corn flour.
- Make small balls out of this dough by putting cashew nuts and raisins in the center as filling.
- Deep fry these balls (koftas) in medium-hot oil.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Pour Orange gravy (click here) on koftas just before serving.
- Garnish with grated cheese or cream and coriander leaves.
- Enjoy malai kofta with naan, chapati or rice .
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂