Anulom Vilom Pranayam can do wonders for you if you practice it daily for 30 minutes.
It is basically Alternate nostril breathing. Inhale through the right nostril and Exhale through the left nostril. Then Inhale through the left nostril and Exhale through the right nostril. Keep repeating this cycle for few minutes.
Lets Understand the complete method:
- Sit cross legged and relax.
- Close your eyes
- Close your right nostril with your right thumb and inhale slowly through the left nostril. Fill up your lungs to the maximum capacity.
- Hold your breath.(initially practice only inhale and exhale. After 1-2 months try to hold breath for a very little time if you feel comfortable). Do not hold breath at all if you are suffering from hypertension, asthma.
- Now close left nostril with middle and ring finger and exhale through the right nostril very slowly. Toxic air is released into the atmosphere.
- Inhale again through the right nostril.
- Exhale again through the left nostril.
- Keep repeating from step 3 as long as possible.
With practice, your inhaling and exhaling time will increase as you will start breathing more deeply, breath will become more smooth.
Benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayam:
- Cleans up and tones up the entire nervous system.
- Practice of Anulom Vilom Pranayam removes mental tension and worries.
- The face becomes bright, luminous and calm.
- It maintains the functioning of digestive system.
- It gives the strength to meditate for several hours.
- It keeps the mind calm, peaceful and cheerful and helps in overcoming depression.
You can find many videos on Anulom Vilom Pranayam on the internet.
Stay fit… stay healthy…
go to: Meditation