Most of us are suffering from hair problems due to the pollution and use of harmful chemicals in the form of shampoo, conditioner, hair colors, hair gels, hair sprays etc. and no matter how costly these products are but these chemicals definitely damaging your hairs. Indian Ayurveda has the natural, non-harmful ways to bring your hair back to life and make your hairs healthy, shiny and problem-free!!
Try the following simple and magical solutions for hair problems.
Greying of hairs at early age
- Take 1 tsp gooseberry (amla) powder with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water as the last thing before going to bed. It has a magical effect on grey hairs and dull face.
- You can also do the following:
Make a paste of gooseberry powder with water. Apply it on the roots of your hairs. Wash hairs after 10 minutes. Try it twice a week for three months.
- Alternatively you can simply apply and massage gooseberry juice on the roots of your hairs. Leave it for 10 to 20 minutes before washing your hairs.
To make gooseberry juice simply grate the gooseberries and squeeze them.
- Massage your head with gooseberry oil trice a week.
How to make gooseberry oil :
Grate 500 gm gooseberries and take out the juice by squeezing. In this juice mix 500 gm black sesame oil (alternatively u can use coconut oil too). Now heat this mixture on simmer in an iron wok. When all the water content will evaporate from the mixture and only oil will remain then switch off the flame. Let it cool and filter it using a filter cloth. Store it in glass bottle. Massage this oil in the roots of your hairs (hairs should not be wet) using fingertips.
- Mix 5 gm camphor in 100 gm coconut oil and massage your scalp with this daily before going to sleep. Wash your hairs in the morning.
- Apply lemon juice in the roots of your hairs, 30 minutes before washing your hairs.
- Stop using shampoo and start washing your hairs with Reetha (Soap Nuts). Break and takeout the seeds form the soap nuts (Reetha). Soak the Soap Nuts (6-7 or according to the length of your hairs) overnight. Reetha and water ratio should be 1:40 . Now boil this Reetha along with the soaked water in the morning. When Reetha becomes mushy turn off the flame. Let it cool. Smash the Reetha a little in this water and strain the mixture. Your Reetha shampoo is ready. You can make it for a week and can store it in the refrigerator.
- Use it just like you use the shampoo. Wet your hairs, apply litte reetha shampoo in your hairs and massage scalp for 3-4 minutes and rinse with clean water. Repeat one more time if you need to.
Mix lemon juice and coconut oil in 1:2 ratio. Now massage your scalp with this lemon-oil mixture. You can keep this in your hairs for a day otherwise apply this before going to sleep and wash your hairs with lukewarm water or Reetha shampoo in the morning. This treatment is magical and it can remove dandruff too!
Tip : cut ½ radish, sprinkle little black pepper and salt and eat it daily after lunch. You can continue this for 3-4 months but only if it suits you. This helps in hair growth, constipation, loss of appetite .
Hope this article help you in finding cure for your hair problems that too cheap and without any side effects! And most importantly by limiting the use of harmful chemicals (which are going in the drains daily and polluting the environment) you will do your part to save the mother nature, your own planet.