Plants are of course a blessing to us and so is green tea. It is full of Antioxidants. And above all it is super easy to make. Just put a tea bag in a cup of hot water. Let it sit for 4-5 minutes, move the tea bag up and down few times and start drinking.(cool!!)
Healthy but not tasty 🙂 no worries you will get used to the taste. I never recommend anybody to mix honey, milk or any blah blah to this beverage. Just drink it plain. You can mix few drops of lemon or ginger though to make it more refreshing.
Why green tea is better than black tea?
Green tea is not fermented but produced by steaming fresh leaves at high temperatures. Therefore it contains the most important molecules called polyphenols that are responsible for many benefits of green tea.
It is loaded with antioxidants that protect cells and molecules to get damaged by the formation of free radicals in the body.
Thus it can protect us from cancer, aging, acne and some other diseases. As cancer is caused by uncontrolled growth of cells, green tea could reduce your risk of cancer and it also lower the cholesterol levels.
Click here to read more about Free Radicals and Antioxidants. (Must read)
Benefits of green tea
Other than many benefits of antioxidants, it has other benefits too.
- Green tea is used in medicines to control bleeding, heal wounds and aid digestion.
- It can control blood sugar levels. (read : don’t drink liquids with meals)
- Drink green tea and apply the used tea bag on your face and keep the hormonal cystic acne away. It can even reduce the inflammation and scars.
- It can soothe tired and puffy eyes, just put a used tea bag on eyes.
- Empty your used tea bag in the plants for natural fertiliser.
- Keep the used and dried tea bag in the shoes to deodorise them.
What else do you need from one drink? Go-ahead, start drinking 🙂
- Green tea has no side effects as such but some people complain of gas formation in the body if consume in excess. 2-3 cups per day is considered good to reap the benefits.
- Do not drink green tea just before going to bed as it may keep you awake for long.
- If your body starts to react in an abnormal manner than of course stop using immediately.