First lets understand how does our body grow.
The basic unit of life is ‘Cell’. When a baby is born, its body is made up of different kinds of cells, just as is that of a Parent. In order to grow cells split into two parts and then create new ones. This means that multiplication of the cells is necessary. Cells wear out as they work so new ones must be formed to take their places. A group of cells that have similar structure and function join to form ‘Tissues’. The building of cells and tissues is most important. So our body grows when our cells and tissues grow.
Cells need 3 things in order to grow
- They must have food.
- They must be active.
- They must help the body get rid of waste materials.
Nobody knows exactly how much you will grow. The ‘heredity’ plays an important role. for instance, If your parents or grandparents were tall, you probably will be tall. On the other hand, if they were short, you, too, probably will be short. But there are some ways by which you can help your body to grow naturally.
Human body keeps growing (in terms of height) till 15-18 years after that height doesn’t increase much. So this is the age when we can try to make a difference.
By doing the following you can help your body to generate new cells and tissues and you can see some difference in 2-3 months.
1. Ashwagandha also known as ‘Indian ginseng’ or ‘Withania Somnifera’ is an aurvedic medicine. It is easily available in Indian aurvedic stores. Take this medicine for 45 days as described below to see the results.
- Make powder of Ashwagandha.
- Mix it with equal part of sugar.
- Take 2 tsp of this mixture and mix it with 1 glass of warm milk. Best if taken with cow’s milk.
- Drink it before sleep.
Important note: Do not use Ashwagandha in pregnancy. Or if you are on any other medication. It is best to consult a doctor before starting this home remedy.
2. Calcium is very important for bone growth. Drink 2 glasses of milk everyday. It’s a good idea to mix some malt powder in the milk. There are many malts available in the market which claim height growth in children. There are many other foods which can provide calcium so do eat them too but milk is necessary.
3. Sunlight i.e. vitamin D is essential for our body to absorb the calcium. If you have vitamin D deficiency than even 10 glasses of milk wouldn’t be able to provide you enough calcium. Taking vitamin D tablets can not help that much. You must sit in the early morning or late afternoon sunlight to get Vitamin D.
4. Do the stretching exercises. They are very effective. Hanging from the bars is the best to increase height.
5. Join some sport like swimming, basketball, football. Sports are the best way to keep the body physically active in order to generate new cells.
6. Get proper sleep. Children/teenagers need 9 to10 hours of peaceful sleep daily. Cells can’t be generated that much when the body is at work so get adequate sleep in order to help the body to generate new cells and tissues.
7. Drink 8-10 glasses of water. Yes drinking water help your body to grow. Water makes up 70% to 80% of our body. Every single cell in the body needs water to function efficiently. Cells are the key organelles of the body that help in absorption of various minerals and vitamins. Unless the cells are healthy, this process will not take place efficiently. Water helps the cells to function well and absorb minerals and vitamins to the fullest possible.
8. Eat right! Yes you need zinc, vitamin C and Protien to gain height. Include peanuts,peas, eggs, pulses, oranges and lemon to your meals.
The following can block the growth of body tissues and hormones so please avoid them.
- Intake of caffine, alcohol, cigarette, Steroids.
- Fast and highly fatty foods.
Hope this helps!! Good luck 🙂