Kapalbhati Pranayam is one of my favorite pranayama. It cleanses both the mind and the body using only breath.
- It helps in melting away abdominal fat and fights obesity. It is very good for weight loss and also tones abdominal muscles.
- It reduces the risk of having hernia as the exercise technique helps improve the flexibility of the diaphragm.
- It improves concentration. As more oxygen flows into the body, it becomes more efficient. You will feel energetic throughout the day.
- It definitely improves respiration, lung capacity and blood circulation thus beneficial for asthma, bronchitis etc.
- It improves digestion and elimination of waste from the body thus cures indigestion, constipation, gas, diabetes, etc.
- It also brings the charm to your face.
- Last but not the least, it increases the flow of prana (life-force) in the entire body thus eliminate negative thoughts from the psyche and helps to cleanse and illuminate the mind. It helps in dealing with emotional issues like anger, hurt, depression etc.
One should not practice Kapalbhati if suffering from high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke or epilepsy, ulcers, cardiac problems, hernia and spinal disorders.
If you feel dizzy or nauseous you should slow down the force and pace of Kapalbhati pranayam or stop entirely and return to normal breathing.
How To Do Kapalbhati?
Watch video of swami Ramdev : https://youtu.be/Z2eARFD2Kzk