Churma is a very famous dish of Rajasthan and served along with dal-baati (another popular dish of rajasthan.) Lets learn to make it quick and easy than the traditional method.
List 1 :
Wheat flour 2 cups
Rava (sooji) 1/2 cup
Ghee (clarified butter) 1/2 cup
List 2 :
Jaggery (crushed) 1/2 cup
Ghee (clarified butter) 1/4 cup
- Mix the ingredients of List 1 and kneed a tight dough using warm water or milk.
- Keep covered for 1 hour.
- Roll a thick chapati out of it.
- Microwave on high for 8 minutes.
- Check and turn chapatti after every 2 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Break it and grind it in a grinder. (don’t grind it very fine)
- Sieve it (using the one with big holes)
- It should come out like rava.
- Now microwave List 2 ingredients on medium-high for 2 minutes.
- Mix the grinded chapatti rava in it and make laddu.
- Enjoy churma!
Notes: Microwave settings differ from company to company so after trying the recipe for the first time you will know the best settings for your microwave.
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂