Khaman dhokla is a quick, easy and a very tasty snack of Gujarat which is now popular all over India.
For khaman dhokla :
Gram flour (Besan) 1 cup
Rava (sooji) ¼ cup
Yoghurt (curd) ½ cup
Water ½ cup to ¾ cup
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Oil 1 Tbsp
Sugar 2 Tbsp
Salt as per taste
Lemon juice 4 Tsp or Citric acid 1 tsp
Eno or Soda 1 tsp
Tempering : Heat 2 tsp oil in a fry pan. Crackle 1tsp mustard seeds, fry slit green chilli (3-4), curry leaves. After 10-12 seconds add 1 glass water. Let it boil. Turn off gas.
- Mix everything well(except Eno/Soda.)
- add Eno, mix well.
- Transfer the mixture in greased Microwave safe glass dish.
- Put it in Microwave immediately on high for 5-6 minutes.
- Let it cool then make square cuts in it.
- Pour tempering on dhokla.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Enjoy khaman dhokla with green chutney and namkeens(fine sev).
- Insert a toothpick after step 4 to check if its done. toothpick should come out clean.
- Microwave settings differ from company to company so after trying the recipe for the first time you will know the best settings for your microwave.
- To get the best results try making dhoklas using steamer instead of microwave. At step 3 transfer the mixture into a greased steel container and immediately steam it for 15 minutes on medium-high flame.
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂