Khandvi is a perfect party snack. Kids also love it and it is very easy to make.
Gram flour 1 cup
Curd 1 cup
Water 2 cup
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Asafoetida a pinch
Red chilli ½ tsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar 2 tsp or as per taste
- Mix everything in a microwave safe glass bowl.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir and microwave again for 2 more minutes.
- Take out and spread the mixture in a plate.
- Let it cool.
- Cut into ling strips.
- Roll them.
- In a fry pan, crackle mustard seeds(2tsp), asafetida (a pinch) , few curry leaves and green chillies (4-5) in 3 tsp oil.
- Spread this seasoning on rolls.
- Garnish khandvi with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
Tip 1. At step 4, try to spread it as thin as you can.
Tip 2. At step 7, sprinkle some chat masala before rolling them.
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂