Til ke laddu is a sweet made with jaggery and sesame seeds. It is generally prepared in winters, specially on Makar Sankranti in north India. Jaggery and sesame seeds are known for their qualities. Some of them includes eliminating stress and depression. It also helps to detoxify your body and also cure sleep disorders. let’s see how to make Til ke laddu .
Ghee (clarified butter) 2 Tbsp
Jaggery (crushed well) 2 cups
Sesame seeds (Til) 3 cups
- In a fry pan roast sesame seeds on low flame (without oil) for 2 minutes. Turn off gas the moment it starts to change the color .
- Now mix jaggery and ghee in a microwave safe bowl and microwave them on medium-high for 2 minutes.
- Take out and mix roasted sesame seeds into this.
- Start making laddu when mixture is still warm enough to handle.
- Enjoy til ke laddu with your family.
Tip 1 : Go ahead and mix ½ cup Mawa and ½ cup desiccated coconut at step 3 for even better ladoos.
Tip 2 : You can grind roasted sesame seeds after step 1.
A note from Author :
The food which is available outside can not be as hygienic and safe as you can prepare it at home with love for your kids and family but at the same time the truth is that cooking becomes very tiring when you do it daily. So as much as I love to cook food myself for my family, I like to keep the recipe very short and simple yet the taste is amazing. This saves my time and gives me satisfaction too. Here I am sharing my recipes with you. Please try them out and let me know. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy cooking!! 🙂