Acne vulgaris can never be cured only from outside. It is very important to cure it from inside so you can control them forever otherwise acne will always find a way back to ruin your skin.
Note :before reading this article please read these two articles below for the complete understanding of acne vulgaris .
- Cystic acne and pimples?
- What Causes Acne?
Now lets move to the tried, trusted and best remedies for Acne.
First five points may sound like nothing special but don’t mistake them as “ordinary”. Give them a try for at least 2-3 months and you will see the difference. And the last three points are very important to deal with the hormones, Cystic acne vulgaris , acne causing bacteria and infection and also to reduce scars naturally.
1. Stop using soap (if you want to know the reason Click here to read). It irritates the skin and cause more breakouts so use this (Read it here: My soap free routine) instead.
2. Drink green tea twice a day. I recommend you to read these two articles below:
Free radicals and Antioxidants
Green tea fights for your health
3. Do not drink water with meals. Ever wonder, Why? Please go through this article: Water with meals…good or bad?? . Wait for 40-50 minutes after the meals.
4. I found myself allergic to CHOCOLATES, nuts (specially PEANUTS so I don’t even use peanut oil), sugar treats/sweets (Specially that are soaked in sugar syrup), skim milk and any drink that has sugar in it like cold drinks and store-bought juices. Please watch your diet carefully to see if you are also allergic to some foods and try to avoid these foods and drinks as much as possible.
5. Must include garlic in your diet. (Read here: How to eat garlic?)
6. To control hormones you must do Kapalbhati pranayama and Anulom-Vilom Pranayama for 20-30 minutes. Trust me you will be amazed with the results after one month!
7. Drink Neem leaf’s juice empty stomach in the morning for 2-3 months every year. Neem is also known as Margosa. It works wonders! It is anti-bacterial juice. It also brings down the sugar level in the body so good for diabetes too. But never consume in excess. It can generate heat in the body. Pregnant women should not drink it.
8. To treat the scars scrub very gently every alternate day with Himalaya Neem Scrub or any other good scrub. This exfoliates the layers of your skin slowly and helps in getting the smoother skin. After the scrub apply some face packs suitable for acne like Himalaya face packs to tighten pores.
Last and very important! Always wear light decent make-up to hide your scars and other flaws. This gives confidence and a confident smile is always a charm.
Note: If you are suffering from bad hormonal cystic acne then I would suggest you to go to a good dermatologist and ask for some antibiotics. (This is the ONLY way and the very first step to control cystic acne.) You may have to take antibiotics for 6 to 8 months. Once you have controlled it then the next step is to maintain it. Follow all the things mentioned above in this post to keep acne away forever.
I’ll write about “Make-up” in coming months.