What causes acne : We can not exactly say what causes acne but it is believed that hormones are the major culprit and of course there are some other factors too that can clog pores on the skin and can cause acne. Calcium deficiency can also be one of the major reasons behind pimples or cystic acne. So there is one thing for sure that if you are having acne, it simply means that something in your body is missing or not functioning properly that’s why you can never treat them from just outside by applying some ointments or creams but you have to work on your body from inside. Before we discuss the remedies for pimples or cystic acne, Let us try to understand what causes acne.
Reasons for hormonal changes
It can be anything like
- Pregnancy (can affect both ways +ve or -ve, depends on person to person )
- Stress (best friend of acne, please stay away from it.)
- Any other type of medication
- (For girls/women) 2 to 7 days before the period starts.
- Birth control pills (some girls find that birth control pills help to clear up their acne.)
Other factors that can cause acne
- Sweat can clog your pores and make your acne worse.
- Working around greasy food or oil such as kitchen.
- Some food allergies (try to monitor your diet like if you are getting more pimples/acne after eating something)
- Using makeup products. Always use products that are labeled “noncomedogenic” or “nonacnegenic” or “oil-free.”
- Using hair spray or styling gel (Always keep them away from your face)
- Heredity (plays very important role 🙁 )
- Air pollution or humid conditions.
Note : Please watch your diet carefully. Whenever you have a new pimple or acne, try to monitor what have you eaten in last 7 to 8 hours for which you could be allergic or your body does not support it and you will be able to tell what causes acne for you.
Read next : Remedies for Acne and scars
Read before : What is Acne